There are many things that can cause your smile to suffer from gum disease. Our team in Granada Hills, California, is happy to talk to you about these factors so you can work to get gum disease treated.
By understanding the different causes of gum disease, you can give yourself the proper data and tools to help you fight against it. These causes include:
– Consuming sugary or sticky foods that stick to your teeth
– Pregnancy can also increase the risk
– Plaque and tartar buildup when left untreated
– Skipping your regular dental checkups
– Neglecting your brushing and flossing care
– Using any tobacco in any form can increase risks and can lead to oral cancer
– Skipping treatment of cavities
– Anyone suffering from diabetes, cancer, or other serious illnesses are also at higher risk
As you can see, many of the causes can be dodged with diet and oral care. By visiting your dentist, Dr. John Bosak, Jr., your smile can be examined and we can offer advice on how to avoid or treat this illness. If you think it’s time for a professional dental consultation, please call us today at 818-368-5676. Our friendly dental team is happy to help you keep your smile healthy.